You are so tired.
Because you have been working VERY HARD for longer than you can remember.
And even though you have been reaching your goals lately…
you seem to only be a FEW INCHES closer to your dream.
Your small victories are barely noticeable in the big picture…
and you feel too EMBARRASSED to tell anyone about it.
To be quite honest…
You are FED UP by working your b*tt off for peanuts…
and you DON`T KNOW for how long you are able to keep on going.
Does that sound familiar?
Yeah, I`ve been there too.
And I know it`s not a very pleasant place to be in.
When I discovered the DUMB goals approach, it was a total GAME CHANGER.
Let me show you how to become winner by using the DUMB goals system.
But first, let me talk briefly about WHY you probably AREN`T achieving the big progress you want.
You have probably heard about the SMART goals approach.
It seems that in some cases SMART goals are dumb and DUMB goals are smart (yeah, it`s little tongue twister, I know).
Quick recap, SMART goals stands for:
- Time specific
There are several positive benefits regarding SMART goals.
However, there can also be SERIOUS crippling consequences if you ONLY use the SMART goals approach.
The SMART Goals approach is a two-edged sword…
and the exact results from using the approach that can benefit your life , are also the same results that can RUIN your future.
A short recap, using the SMART goals approach is great if you want to set REALISTIC goals that you KNOW you can reach.
On the other hand…
The downside of using the SMART goals approach is…
Can you guess what the negative side with SMART goal setting is?
If you answered that your goals are realistic, and it will not push you out of your comfort zone and reach you truly amazing potential, you are correct.
A flying awesome high five to you *SLAP*
SMART goals approach can function as a straightjacket.
It can totally CHOKE your potential:
- No need for you to push yourself outside the COMFORT ZONE to discover unknown territory
- No need for you to gain EXPERIENCE and personal development
- No need for you to realize that you actually can do BETTER than you THOUGHT
- No need for you to increase your CONFIDENCE by mastering new activities
- No need for you to discover that you are GOOD ENOUGH and you can play with the big boys and girls
A short recap, the downside of using the SMART goals approach is that it`s limiting your achievement, experience, personal development and TRUE POTENTIAL.
DUMB goals stands for:
- Massive cojones
- Barely attainable
Note: I`ve created a DUMB goals template that has helped me reach my goals several times.
Click the button below to get it for free (normally I just give them to my coaching clients).
Let me elaborate…
If you had a magic wand and you could wave it and wish to achieve whatever you put your mind to, what would you wish for?
The answer to that question is a dreaming goal.
Most people are so afraid of failing, that they will not set a goal that is hovering to high, because they might not reach it.
It`s like a plant, if the plant doesn`t stretch towards the sun, it will not grow.
The goal should give you a positive feeling.
When you think about already having achieved it, it should give you a good tingling feeling in your stomach.
You will be glad when you reach your goal, and it will benefit yourself or / and others on a big scale.
Cojones is the Spanish word for balls.
Sometime it is important to have the guts and courage to do whatever it takes to reach your goal, no matter what the risk of failing is, as long as it is worth it.
No great invention or legendary deed has ever been performed by not having the guts.
Brian Tracy says that the only difference between the hero and the coward is that the hero sticks in there five minutes longer.
The goal should be attainable in a long shot.
Because it`s a dreaming, uplifting goal which requires mega balls to achieve.
The best thing is that it forces you to stretch higher than your normally would and thereby grow your potential.
Rome wasn`t built by using the smart goals approach.
When Colonel Harland Sanders at the age of 65 years went to sell his chicken recipe to restaurant owners, he didn`t do it by using the smart goals approach. He knocked on 1009 doors until he finally got his first YES. The Chain is today called Kentucky Fried Chicken.In other words: no legendary outcome has ever been produced by small and realistic goal settingClick To Tweet
You might be thinking, “Okay, Tor I get it. You have created the DUMB goals approach. But is it just theory?”
A great question.
I have not only created this approach, I have also put it to the TEST several times with great success.
How DUMB goals skyrocket my success
Long story short: several years ago when I was only setting realistic goals, I only accomplished small achievements…
and to be quite honest it was WEARING ME OUT.
I felt that no matter how many hours I put in and how hard I worked…
I was barely moving towards my big hairy goal.
Then I started started to experiment with the DUMB goals approach.
Did it work? Judge for yourself…
Here are a few of the goals I accomplished using the DUMB goals approach:
- Black belt in WTF Taekwondo in 2.5 years by only training 2 times a week (average time is 3-3.5 years)
- Became a store manager with IT responsibility for the biggest martial arts distributor in the country of age 22, and became the head of logistics for the same company of age 24
- I convinced my company to cover my first car, a BMW 320d, when no one else could
- Decided to become a SAP-consultant, and was headhunted 1.5 years later to work as System Administrator(SAP) for one of the biggest companies the country
- Tripled the income within 5 years
- Mentored others
- Increased my productivity by 200 %
- Built a distribution network of 1500+ people under 2 years
- Met my girlfriend and future wife
- Earned into the six figures
- While working full-time, managed to increase my earnings through a side business by $53.500
- Lost 13 pounds in 29 days without starving
- Went on a voluntourism trip to Guatemala and helped building a bottle school
- Escaped the rat race in order to follow my dream and start my own company
- Has spoken on stage in front of 3000 people in Nice
- Got 2000 targeted Twitter followers in 38 days (free traffic)
- Wrote a post that generated 20 231 page views in 6 days
- Managed to cancel a renting contract, get a bank loan and buy a new apartment in 3 days
- Won “Most Epic blog post” on Boost Blog Traffic
It wasn`t magic. It was just following a PROVEN template that WORKS (you can download it for FREE at the end of the post.)
If I can do it, then so CAN YOU!
STOP limiting your future and life by only setting realistic goals, aim higher and UNLOCK your TRUE POTENTIAL!
What to do next…
Since I CARE about you and I TRULY want you to SUCCEED, I want to do something AWESOME.
I`m giving you my DUMB Goal template that I normally only give to my coaching clients.
The template has helped me to reach my BIG goals, over and over again. Download your FREE DUMB goal template below and start crushing YOUR BIG GOALS!
Have you ever experienced setting goals that were too easy to reach?
What`s your experience with reaching your BIG hairy goals?
I help online entrepreneurs NETWORK with influencers and position their BRAND so they can attract the right CLIENTS fast. Award-winning blogger.